This was one of the most requested reactions for me to do, so thank you Di1’s for sending this one my way!
This news was about a woman who loses all her limbs from eating fish!
So will go through this news story, which I’m reading from the E TIMES & I will react below.
Laura Barajas, 40, from San Jose, California had to have all of her limbs amputated after eating undercooked tilapia — an inexpensive, commonly consumed fish inhabiting shallow streams, ponds, rivers, and lakes.
Barajas purchased the fish from a local market last month and cooked and ate it on her own at home, her friend Anna Messina wrote in a GoFundMe campaign.
DAMN! So Tilapia did this to poor Laura, there has to have been something wrong with the fish, like contamination or something as, Tilapia should not be making anyone lose limbs, this is crazy, wow!
What Happend After Eating The Fish ?
Eating this fish led to an infection of Vibrio vulnificus bacteria that Barajas fought for more than a month in the hospital.
Eventually, she had to get all of her limbs removed, according to Messina.
On September 1, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued a health advisory, warning of an increase in Vibrio vulnificus bacterial infections in the US due to increasing water temperatures.
Ahh, that makes more sense, vibrio vulnificus is normally caught if you are in water with salt in it, you have a gash, or an open wound & it goes in it, then your feet swells up, then it gets cut off, or from eating shell fish, you get sick, in some cases you can die too.
That’s global warming for you, the water temperatures have risen, now it’s infecting the US fish, I feel so bad for Laura damn!
What Is Vibrio Vulnificus Bacterial Infection?
Vibrio vulnificus is a bacteria that thrives in warmer waters of the Gulf of Mexico, according to the US CDC. Vibrio bacteria are known to cause around 80,000 illnesses in the United States each year, according to the agency.
On August 29, a man died in Texas after eating oysters contaminated with Vibrio vulnificus, according to FOX 26 in Houston.
Okay now we know that it thrives in warm waters, I never knew that it caused 80,000 illnesses in the United States each year, so this must be other milder symptoms to this bacteria, as for that man that died in Texas after eating oysters…
You have to be very careful when eating certain types of seafood, oysters is one of them, as if it’s not contaminated, it needs to be cleaned properly & unless you are doing it yourself, I don’t really want to put my life in the hands of another person on this earth to trust them to do this, I’m not dying over no oyster!
RIP to the man, awful to know about his passing.
Avoid Undercooked Or Raw Seafood
According to the CDC, the most common cause of Vibrio infections is eating undercooked or raw oysters and shellfish.
“Don’t eat raw or undercooked oysters or other shellfish.
Cook them before eating,” the CDC recommends.
“Always wash your hands with soap and water after handling raw shellfish.”
The CDC also recommends staying out of salt water if you have an open wound (including from a recent surgery, piercing, or tattoo) to avoid Vibrio infection.
This is sound advice, it’s what I was saying to you earlier, cook them before eating them, I’m not eating these type of foods undercooked, or raw!
I’m always washing my hands, before handling food such as this, I don’t want to get sick, or worse, but for me, I’m not even that into shellfish and oysters to be having that on my plate, I can live without never eating them again, it’s just mid to me.