A lot of people fail to keep to their healthy diet because they do not know how to eat healthy at work. Its is much harder to stay committed to a healthy way of eating whilst at work, because your fellow colleagues may rope you into eating what they are eating, which tends not to be healthy, am I right? And even if you survive a few days of saying no they will always get you in the end, especially when you have to work over-time! Then as time goes by you are tempted to eat more unhealthy foods.
Here are 7 useful tips:
1. Say no to Junk. Get rid of the packet of sweets, chips and other unhealthy snacks from your desk. If the junk’s not there in the first place you wont be tempted to eat it.
2. Plan your meals. Why wait until the last minute? Always plan ahead. Coming prepared helps especially when trying to avoid getting hungry in the first place and indulging in unhealthy junk food.
3. Make time for meals. It’s quite easy to forget to eat when we are bombarded with paper work in the office. Try to take at least 30 minutes each day get away from your desk and eat a healthy meal. I promise you’ll come back a better worker and be at the peak of your performance.
4. Bring some leftovers. When you are cooking your dinner you can add a little extra portion for the next day, and you would then have a healthy lunch to take with you to the office the next day. It also saves you money by doing this.
5. Keep healthy snacks at your desk. Vending machines…FORGET ABOUT IT! Instead, fill your drawer with dried fruit, package tuna, and nuts, and if you have a fridge you can stock up on fat free yogurt. Also, fresh veggies won’t hurt.
6. Balanced snacks are a must. When planning snacks for work, choose snacks with a combination of carbohydrates, healthy fats, and lean proteins to increase energy and fill you up for longer; such as peanut a butter sandwich or a banana.
7. Bring a bottle of water. You should have a bottle of water beside your desk every day. Make an effort to drink water often starting even before you go to work in the morning, Stay hydrated – feel good.