I’ve had a lot of questions about eggs and if they are healthy?
Well the answer is yes, but many people are misinformed and think they are not.
Other frequent questions I get about eggs include:
Do they cause heart disease?
Do they raise cholesterol?
Should I avoid them?
Now this really depends on who you ask, as you may get very different answers to this questions. Many doctors will say that eggs increase cholesterol and should be avoided at all cost. Some say that only egg white should be eaten, as there is cholesterol in the yolk. Even when I read some articles on eggs to hear their thoughts, as I predicted they were still pushing this idea that eggs are harmful and in order to prevent any health problems, you should avoid them.
For me I have always eaten eggs and it was alien to me that anyone would consider it unhealthy, especially a doctor, but I am here to say they got it wrong. Eggs are actually great and are packed with nutrients and vitamins and have a load of health benefits!
So Here Are 10 Reasons Why Eggs Are Good For You
1. Omega 3’s – Eggs contain high level of essential omega – 3 fatty acids, an essential nutrient and good for your heart.
2. Eggs contain High Quality Proteins – Eggs are among the best sources of protein for your diet. Plus they consist of amino acids.
3. Nine Essential Amino Acids – Eggs are known as the perfect food as they are the only one that contains all 9 of the essential amino acids.
4. Eggs First Thing In The Morning – In one study that I read, two groups of obese men had egg for breakfast vs bagels for breakfast. Both breakfasts had the same amount of calories. But the men in the egg group had said that they felt more full and ate less for the rest of the day and for the next 36 hours, than the bagel group who were immediately hungry after an hour and 20 minutes! .
5. Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin – These are two antioxidants that are essential for keeping your eyes in good nick. They can be found in the yolk, and it helps reduce the risk of cataracts.
6. Reduces the Risk of Tumours – Eggs are a brilliant source of selenium (chemical element) that has been said to prevent Tumours and particular Cancers.
7. Improves Memory Function – High amounts of vitamins and nutrients that are in eggs, but particularly Choline, improves the memory function.
8. Reduces Inflammation – The Choline in eggs aids in reducing inflammation in the body. Inflammation has been linked to high rises off Osteoporosis, Alzheimer’s and type 2 diabetes.
9. Eggs Variety – The great thing about Eggs is their versatility there are so many ways to prepare an egg, whether its scrambled, boiled, poached or even raw (on your head be it). You can add in vegetables and herbs to an omelette for example to really maximise its benefits.
10. Improve Immune System Functioning –The iron in the eggs really helps support a healthy immune system and normal red blood cell production.